Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) who wants to be a part of a growing non-profit multidisciplinary clinic in West Columbia, SC that provides speech, occupational, and music therapy.
As a member of the Occupational Therapy team, the the COTA will:
- Implement occupational therapy services for a pediatric population developed by OTR
- Administer individual assessments of fine motor, oral motor development, sensory integration and consult with other staff and the child’s care givers
- Work with family members and care givers to help children reach potential and incorporate strategies in daily routines.
- Provide services to children in both home, school, and clinic settings.
Passionate about working with Children
Competent in the delivery of occupational therapy services under the supervision of OTR/L
Minimum 2 years experience in pediatrics
Effective communicator in written and spoken English with both with colleagues and patients, families, and caregivers.
Able to reliably commute to work.
Able to lift and maneuver pediatric patients as necessary.
Licensed by the state of South Carolina as a Certified Occupational Therapy assistant (COTA)
Definitely apply if you meet all of the above and are:
Creative in implementation of treatment and in collaboration with colleagues (example- co-treating with music therapists).
Experience with feeding/sensory processing
Enthusiastic about working with children in the midlands area
Organized and intuitive. No micromanagement required.
Flexible. Pediatrics can ebb and flow.
Technologically savvy- calendars, internet, documentation software, iPads, etc. You know it or you pick up fast.
Fluent in Spanish.
Full Time Benefits:
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
This position starts at part time and will grow to full time. Please indicate availability, including desired pay rates in cover letter.
Compensation rates based on experience. Start date: November 16
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please indicate the following preferences in your application (please include all that apply):
- Type of work schedule (weekday, weekend, morning, afternoon, early evening and/or evenings)
- Languages spoken, and level of fluency
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.