There are many organizations that provide financial assistance to families. If your child or loved one has a specific diagnosis, it is helpful to check with the appropriate organization for funding opportunities first. If a funding opportunity requires documentation from us, please do not hesitate to ask. We would be glad to provide any needed information.
The following is a listing of a variety of organizations that provide financial assistance including therapies. Inclusion on this list does not guarantee that funds are available, or that they deem music therapy services as an appropriate list of their funds. We will try to keep this list updated and current. If you know of any organizations that are not on the list, please contact us so that we can include them.
Not Disability Specific
- South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs Summer Support Fund- Available on a first come, first serve basis through service coordinator. These funds provide financial assistance for family members to attend activities and therapies in the summer.
- United Healthcare Children’s Foundation – Grants for medical-related services that have the potential to significantly enhance either the clinical condition or the quality of life of the child and that are not fully covered by the available commercial health benefit plan.
- First Hand Foundation – Accepts applications throughout the year. Provides grants for equipment and treatment.
- The Prayer Child Foundation- Provides grants for services for physically and emotionally disabled children.
- Gia Foundation- provides funds to enhance daily functioning of children with special needs.
- Kya’s Krusade– Provides financial assistance for adaptive equipment and physical therapy, occupational therapy and hippotherapy sessions.
- South Carolina Autism Society- local fund for music therapy services. Send an email asking for the application.
- Helping Hands Program – From the National Autism Association. Applications available during the month of June. They ask that you not apply if your annual household income exceeds $50,000.
- ACT Today! Grant Program – Scholarships awarded quarterly. Applications accepted during the months of January, April, July, and October.
- Williams Syndrome Association Scholarships – Scholarship application available on website. States that it can be used for music therapy.
- Williams Syndrome Changing Lives Foundation – Provides funding for a variety of purposes, including therapy and music camps.
Speech and Language Disorders
- Small Steps in Speech – Assists children with speech and language disorders by funding supplemental therapies and treatments.